Welcome

This site is a special place for my students, friends and colleagues. I will share thoughts, and I will also share musical examples on this site.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

nice five day break

Needed that more than I thought.

I really wasn't in a good place on Saturday night.  Got into street clothes right after bows, headed to Cicero' s, had some Italian and two Woodchuck Granny Smith's.

One thing I have learned of American audiences:  they are dumber than cow dung.  If it doesn't sound like something off a CD, they don't know what to do. And if the acting isn't Disney-esque, its' too far above them.  If an artist actually performs the role the way it's meant, and doesn't sound manufactured or "like a tenor", they are at a loss. They have no clue, and don't know what to do.

Heaven forbid that the tenor sing a difficult HELDEN role easily and musically, look good and move well,  and use the language very well.  Heaven forbid that you be convincing and moving. 99% of Americans have zip of a clue.

Makes me thankful for the fella that wished I were singing for a German audience because "They would truly appreciate just what you have accomplished tonight."

My confidence is back, and I will sing and perform this character really well again tomorrow night and Saturday.

A lion doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

No comments:

Post a Comment