Welcome

This site is a special place for my students, friends and colleagues. I will share thoughts, and I will also share musical examples on this site.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Finally home

a twelve and a half hour drive home while memorizing "Allmächt'ger Vater" from Rienzi and "Come un bel di di maggio" from Andrea Chenier.  A lot of words.  A LOT.

I am preparing for my lesson on the 6th and, ultimately singing for two agents next month.  This also comes into the though of do I just want to give this up and find a job that actually pays me for the work I do? Ah, there's the rub.

The problem for me is that singing and acting are gifts/calling from God to me.  I cannot get past that, no matter how hard I try. For Pete's sake, I am fro bloody podunk Alabama.  Why am I where I am?  I guess I should just be white trash living in a trailer park or some Baptist minister.  But no.  I was given this charge....

And it means the world to me.  I can be myself, learn more about myself, yada yada.  It's like God, If I could quit Him, I would.  But I just can't.

One review called my tenor "Resplendent."  Well, if it is, it's due to Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment